Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Story of "Pleased To Meet Me"

Attention PTMM lovers: There's a fantastic new article about the making of the Mats best album (ok, ok, I mean, "what is arguably the Mats best album") up on Gibson's web site, "Torn and Frayed: The Story of the Replacements’ 1987 Classic Pleased to Meet Me". It features extensive recollections from Jim Dickinson and Tjohn Hampton, a longtime engineer at Ardent Studios in Memphis. There's a lot of great stories in the article and you'll also learn the truth about the apocryphal "vomit on the ceiling" story.

More on the Mats: City Pages published the Twin Cities Rock Atlas, a cool map of the rock and roll landmarks around the cities. A couple of Mats mention, as you probably guessed, including the 'Let It Be' house and the C.C. Club.

2 comments:

clr said...

Well dammit I was going to post an actual picture.

http://flickr.com/photos/jukeboxgraduate/363090377/in/set-72157594489399697/

We detoured deliberately when I was moving back to New York from Seattle so I could take this picture, very early one morning.

King Polo said...

Yeah! My friends once lived on the top floor. I nearly peed myself the first time I visited and realized it was THAT house. Snuck into the basement, just to be in it..