Sunday, September 28, 2008

Westerbergian Links of the Day

Sunday is Link Round-up Day:

Pitchfork has an extensive review of the Sire reissues

• Gibson Guitars posted a list of "10 Artists Who Should Be In The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame", including the Mats, T. Rex and...Yes.

• Some interesting comments from Paul at "I Shot a Man in Reno",which is the blog for the book "I Shot a Man in Reno: A History of Death by Murder, Suicide, Fire, Flood, Drugs, Disease, and General Misadventure, As Related in Popular Song" (aka "Book with the longest sub-title EVER").

The author, Graeme Thomson, tried to interview Paul for the book but wasn't able to. He did recently interview Paul for The Guardian in conjunction with the UK release of the Sire reissues (look for the interview in early October) and got some comments from Paul related to the book's subject, including this one: "Hank Williams, half of his songs were about going down three times and coming up twice. I've always loved that. It’s good to know that I’m not alone. But I feel like I'm damned to live! That's the problem. Only the good die young, which means I'll live forever."

No comments: