Saturday, July 26, 2008

Extremely Unofficial Track Listing for "49:00"

I'm posting a completely and utterly unofficial track listing for "49:00", generated by discussions on the message board. There is no official list from Paul. The list below was put together by GtrPlyr, and I tweaked it a tad (he says "Kentucky Horizon", I say "Kentucky Risin'"). I like his list because it calls the songs exactly what you think they would be called after listening to them. I can't think of a PW-penned song that you couldn't correctly guess the name of by listening to it once. Ok, I thought of one, "Alex Chilton", but you get the point, which is, Paul is not an "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town"-kind of song titler.

Obviously, there's a whole lot going on after the first 3-4 songs, with overlapping tracks and quick snippets you can barely hear, so while this is a solid guideline to where to find stuff, it's not an exhaustive chronicling of every stray note. And I do think "49:00" is most powerful when it's experienced in one full listen, but practically speaking, a) people want to know where to locate their favorite bits when spinning their iPod wheel and b) there are distinct songs on here and for the purposes of discussing the music, it helps to be able to refer to them by a name. So with all those caveats, here's the list, which is song title and start time:

  • Who You Gonna Marry? - 00:00

  • Kentucky Risin' - 03:57

  • Something in My Life is Missing - 06:57

  • Visitor's Day - 10:38

  • Thoroughbred - 14:14

  • Devil Raised a Good Boy - 14:28

  • You're My Girl - 17:38

  • Everyone's Stupid - 18:04

  • You're My Girl (Reprise) - 20:42

  • What Do You Want? - 20:48

  • Never Coming Back - 21:07

  • Goodnight, Sweet Prince - 21:52

  • Guess I'll Be Going Then - 25.47

  • Outta My System - 25:54

  • C'mon, Be My Darling - 29:16

  • Down on the Farm - 33:01

  • 100,00 Pieces - 33:12

  • I'm Clean - 34:24

  • Your Sister - 35:35

  • It'll Never Die - 35:43

  • Short Cover Medley* - 39:46

  • I Think I Love You - 40:41

  • Oh Yeah! - 41:46


  • *The medley includes: "Hello Goodbye" - The Beatles; "Lost Highway" - Hank Williams; "Born To Be Wild" - Steppenwolf; "Stupid Girl" - Rolling Stones; "I'm Eighteen" - Alice Cooper; "I Am A Rock" - Simon and Garfunkel; "Rocket Man" - Elton John; "Dandy" - The Kinks

No comments: