Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More on "49:00"

Wow, what a lot of press "49:00" is getting, it's amazing (and it's still #1 on Amazon MP3 Album chart). I had no idea what to expect when I first heard about this last week - either in terms of how successful it would be or what the music would sound like. And it's been such an awesome surprise on both counts. I can't imagine how I could love this record any more than I do - oh wait, yes I can, if it came with a companion download of the complete versions of all the cover songs at the end of "49:00". Oh, well, next time, right? Here are today's PW-related links:

» Pitchfork
» Listening Post - Part news story, part review, definitely worth checking out
» The Guardian UK
» There's no track listing but if you're looking for some help in getting handle on everything that's on there, a kind soul on the message board (thanks, Hide N Lurkin') has named the tracks and listed the length of each track. Your Titles May Vary but I found this very helpful.
» Another enterprising person on the message board (thanks, GtrPlyr) has posted some revised (unofficial) art, with the cover Paul made slightly re-sized to fit a jewel case and Paul's liner notes/warning as tray art. Download it here.

No comments: